Hosted by Emilie Trice, Artwork Archive’s Head of Collector Relations and Art Market Editor, with expert panelist Melissa Passman Esq., an attorney with Day Pitney who specializes in tax law and estate planning, this webinar will provide a clear overview of the best practices art collectors should follow when creating their estate plans.
To download the accompanying slides with links to additional resources, click here.
Intended for art collectors with ties to the United States, this hour-long webinar will answer the following questions:
• What happens if there is no estate plan in place at the time of death?
• What are the basic estate planning requirements, processes, and documents?
• Do I need to name a dedicated art executor in my will?
• When should collectors begin to think about planning?
• What steps should collectors take before bequeathing art to an heir?
• What technological tools exist to benefit collectors in relation to their estate plan?
• When is it appropriate to establish a trust, and what kinds of trusts might be considered?
• What do collectors need to consider when donating art to a museum or other nonprofit?
“The Art of Collection Management with Artwork Archive” is a webinar series that engages experts to discuss important topics in the art industry, for the benefit of collectors, registrars, collection managers, and their teams.
To learn more about how Artwork Archive empowers collectors, watch this short video.