November 1, 2020
Be a part of the Glass Art Society’s VIRTUAL 2021!
We invite you to share your experiences and expertise with the international glass community. We are looking for diverse and engaging proposals from artists, educators, curators, researchers, and more.
All presentations will be pre-recorded and last from 30 minutes - 45 minutes unless you are planning a demo, if so, the recorded time can be up to 2 hours. Also, note presenters should be able to give their presentation in
English or have a voice over (dubbed) presentation with captions in English.
• Demonstrations (Demos): presentations featuring demonstrations of hot, cold, flame, & neon glassmaking.
• Lecture/Demonstrations (Lecmos): presentations featuring a combination of a lecture, with pre-made
materials, and a hands-on lecture. Most appropriate for kiln-forming, mold-making, etc. showcasing the
steps/process of making more time-consuming pieces.
• Lectures: presentations on a range of topics from the history of glass to the exploration of a specific
technique to career advancement to your personal experience in the glass community.
• Panels: presentations featuring panels of artists, experts, and educators who bring innovative & unique
glass topics to the stage.
• Other (films, performances, workshops, etc.): presentations that show the diversity of the glass art
Make sure to reach our GAS 2021 Presentation Proposal Guidelines to learn more.
Applications Open: Monday, October 5th
Applications Close: Sunday, November 1st