November 16, 2020
It’s been 3 years since we started to do pop up exhibitions in London and almost a year since we’ve opened the doors of our permanent gallery space in Aldgate.
With support from artists and audience from all around the globe we have decided to make the next logical step into our ongoing ascendence in the international art scene, “SOLO SHOWS”.
Who can apply?
Artists of any age, from any country working in any medium.
Is there a submission fee?
Yes there is a £9 non- refundable submission fee.
How many solo shows will be?
There will be 4 solo shows, a week each.
In what period of the year will the shows be hosted?
1. 29 January to 05 February 2021 with an opening event on Friday 29 January 6 to 9 pm.
2. 05- 12 February 2021 with an opening event on Friday 05 February 6 to 9 pm.
3. 12- 19 February 2021 with an opening event on 12 February 6 to 9 pm.
4. 19- 26 February with an opening event on 19 February 6 to 9 pm.
Who will cover the shipments costs?
Each of the 4 winners will get a £350 budget from us to help with their shipping expenses.
Who will cover the events cost?
The events costs will be covered integrally by our gallery.
Is there a commission for the artworks sold on the events?
Yes! We take a 15% commission on each sale.
What happens if another lockdown is coming?
If that happens we will simply change the dates in accordance with the government guidelines.
Who will select the 4 winning artists?
A jury composed of 3 London based contemporary art professionals.
Cosmin Constantin | London based artist and director of Boomer Gallery.
Tabish Khan | Art critic specialised in London's art scene.
Carolina Pastore | Independent curator.
What is the selection process?
1. All the submissions will be reviewed and from the total number of submissions the jury will preselect approximately 30 artists that will also be shortlisted on our website.
2. After the preselection the 30 preselected artists will be contacted individually by our gallery and will be asked to send additional work (another 2 or 3 works that will help the jury in making the final decision).
3. Finally- the jury will select the 4 winners.
- the open call will run from 05 October until 16 November.
- the jury will preselect the 30 artists on 23 November when we will also add them on our website.
- On 30 November the jury will meet and select the 4 winners of the competition.
- the final results will be available on our website on 01 December.
We don’t contact each artist individually in regards with the open call results so please make sure you check our insta and web pages on 01 December 2020.
If you need any help please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Good luck to you all!