June 10, 2020
The Award-Winning Art Center in Dover, New Hampshire announces a Call for Entry to a juried art competition and exhibition featuring Printmaking… traditional techniques with a contemporary twist. Intaglio, lithography, serigraphs and more, the techniques are age old but the result is so new. If you like to experiment with your prints and want to exhibit your exciting results this is your show.
Participation is open to all artists. • All printmaking techniques are accepted. • Each artist can submit 2 prints maximum with the $20 entry fee. • Works should measure no larger than 30 x 40 inches in paper size.
Three dimensional works will also be considered for the show• The call for entries will be announced by https://forms.gle/krU2rQ1mvJXQk5Mb7.
1. All practicing printmakers worldwide are invited to submit 1 – 2 original prints.
2. Entries are to be the work of the artist, completed in the past 5 years.
3. Works can be in any printmaking medium (or combination of media).
4. All entrants must submit through https://forms.gle/krU2rQ1mvJXQk5Mb7:- A high quality image of each work entered, submitted electronically in JPEG format at 72 dpi, 5MB maximum size. (2MB minimum)- $20 application fee
5. All online application materials must be received by June 1, 2020.
6. The works are required to be delivered, unframed, by July 15, 2020 with the label fixed to the reverse side of the print.
7. Works must be in excellent condition on arrival. Artists are required to package work carefully for transport. The Art Center of Dover takes no responsibility for works lost or damaged in transit.
8. All submitted works will join the Art Center Permanent Collection at the close of exhibition. If an artist would instead rather have the work returned, please include cost of return shipping.
9. Artists’ images (required in high quality) must be available for the purpose of the catalog publication.�
10. All sales inquiries will be directed to the individual artists.Please visit https://www.theartcenterdover.com for more information about the facility and exhibition.
Submissions Due – June 10, 2020
Artist Fee: $20
Payment – paypal.me/theartcenter
Notifications Made – July 1, 2020
Delivery of Work – Shipped or hand delivered no later than July 15, 2020
Opening – Monday, August 3, 2020
Artist Reception – Saturday, August 15, 2020
Closing – Saturday, August 29, 2020
Juror’s Choice Award – $100
Juried by artist Sally Dion, a printmaker for over 30 years who works with nontraditional materials and resident artist at the Art Center in Dover, exhibits nationally and teaches workshops across New England.
Payment can be made online at paypal.me/theartcenter, over the phone at 603-978-6702 or in person at The Art Center – 1 Washington Street, Suite 1177 Dover, NH.
Non-Members: $20 nonrefundable fee per entry entitles the submission of up to two (one image per artwork).
For Art Center Members: No entry fee. Membership must be valid through end of exhibition.
Selected artworks should be installation ready with any hanging hardware attached (rods, hanging wire, d-rings, etc.), and labeled with artists full name on the back/underneath. Works on paper can be submitted without frames but with instructions for installation.
For any artwork sales: artist receives 70% of the sale price; The Art Center retains 30%.
The Award-Winning Art Center in Dover, New Hampshire is located on the 1st floor of the Washington Street Mills in Historic downtown Dover. The Art Center’s mission is to bring culture to the community through the Arts. The focus of The Art Center is to have fine artists create, display and sell their art work. In addition to fifteen Art Studios, there is approximately 3,000 square feet available for exhibitions, educational workshops, and art classes. The Art Center boasts a 300 square foot stage used for cultural events – small ensemble performances, poetry readings and small theatrical performances. The Award-Winning Art Center is the largest visual arts center in Dover, New Hampshire.
CONTACT The Art Center
1 Washington Street, Suite 1177, Dover, NH 03820