September 10, 2021
“Hi Ho, Silver!” This iconic phrase opens our national exhibition.
Calling all artist to explore the color "silver" in its many forms: stainless steel, pewter, gray, silver leaf, metal. And since the Lone Ranger character wore a mask and this show will hang around Halloween time, also eligible are paintings of masks, hand-crafted masks, or art featuring people, animals or characters wearing masks.
Show us your artwork!
All 2-dimensional art welcome (min size: 10", max size: 72"). Any 3-dimensional artwork that fits on a pedestal. Photography, fabric, and journal pages are also welcomed if prepared for hanging. Enter your art submissions online digitally through Cafe. (see directions below)
Submissions must be the artist's original work. All entries must be for sale and priced. Artwork that is labeled as "NFS" will be juried out.
Awards & Prizes:
The juror will be awarding Best in Show, 1st Place, Juror's Choice, and two Honorable Mentions.
$1,000 awarded in prizes!
All award winners will receive a double spread in the exhibition catalog. Best in show will also be featured on the catalog cover.
Wendy L.Wilson-Gibson, Artist & Executive Director of the Bonita Museum & Cultural Center in South Bay San Diego
Preparing Your Art:
All art MUST be ready-to-hang. Please affix two D-rings (large enough for our grippers to clip into) on the back of your work as the gallery utilizes a wire hanging system.
- All submissions are sent via Cafe (see submission URL)
- Entry fee for up to 1 piece for $35
- Upload one image per entry
- $5 entry fee for each additional entry up to 6 pieces total
- Entry fees do not guarantee admission into the exhibit. Entry fees cover the cost of hosting a national show.
- If your art sells, the gallery received the industry standard of 50% commission.
- Submit Art: now through Sunday, September 10th
- Deadline to Submit: Sunday, September 10th
- Complete entry information, including images of artwork, must be submitted online with CaFÉ TM before 11:59pm PST to be considered by the juror.
- Opening Reception: Saturday, October 30th from 5pm-7pm
You will be notified of the juror's decision via email by end of day on Monday, September 28th.
Important Dates (Summary)
- 9/10/2021 Deadline for entry
- 9/27/2021 Notification of results
- 10/7/2021 Art must be postmarked for shipping by this date
- 9/27 - 10/15 Local drop off of work accepted during our normal business hours
- 10/30/2021 Opening reception from 5pm-7pm
- 12/3/2021 Exhibition ends
- 12/3/2021 Local pickup during our normal business hours begins (Mon-Sat from 11am-4pm)
- 12/10/2021 Unsold artwork shipping begins