In this webinar recording we cover strategies for assessing, maintaining and treating your art collection with our conservation savvy panelists.
Join Antonia Dapena-Tretter, Art Curator at Stanford Children’s Health and Guy Merrill, Public Art Collections Manager at 4Culture, King County’s cultural funding agency, for an engaging conversation on public art collection maintenance best practices.
What do we cover?
• Steps for assessing and evaluating your art collection
• Establishing a sustainable cadence for scheduling maintenance
• Advice for speeding up and modernizing your maintenance workflows
• Tips for working and coordinating with conservators
• How to prioritize conservation across your entire collection
• How to utilize your CMS to not only stay on top of maintenance but to advocate for it
• Best practices for reporting on maintenance including condition reports & treatment plans
• Making the case for deaccessions
Plus you’ll discover how maintenance actually saves your art organization money!
“The Art of Collection Management with Artwork Archive” is a webinar series that highlights popular features and effective workflows within the Artwork Archive platform for collection managers, registrars, gallerists, and their teams. You’ll come away from these presentations with easy-to-execute strategies and tips to set your art organization up for success.