Despite fashion changing over the decades, the women’s clothes shop in Kentish Town Road, North London, has stayed true to its own style for more than 80 years.
It was opened in 1932 by Jane and Samuel Bluston who were sent to London from Russia by their parents. The Grade II-listed building, with its 1960s-style shop frontage provided the backdrop for a Vogue photoshoot. Sadly however, the store recently closed down.
The original painting consists of acrylic and gloss paint on top of texturised paste. The painting is on display in Kentish Town Health Centre.