August 20, 2020 12 days left
To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, a coalition of national arts grantmakers have come together to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists across the United States.
Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts, to better identify and address the needs of artists.
To be eligible for a relief grant, applicants must be:
- Practicing artists able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to their work, careers, and a public audience;
- Experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- 21 years of age or older;
- Provide a W9 and Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)—we will collect this information after you’ve been notified of your selection;
- Residing and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
- Not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- Not previously awarded a relief grant from this fund.
Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed.
The fund will operate through September 2020 and will fund at least 100 artists per week. The application will be open in cycles based on these exact dates:
Cycle I: April 8 - April 23 (closes 11:59pm ET)
Cycle II: April 24 - May 21 (closes 11:59pm ET)
Cycle III: May 22 - June 18 (closes 11:59pm ET)
Cycle IV: June 19 - July 23 (closes 11:59pm ET)
Cycle V: July 24 - August 20 (closes 11:59pm ET)
At the end of each cycle, all non-funded applications will be removed from our system so that artists can reapply the following round. This system allows us to monitor our capacity as well as maximize each applicant’s opportunity to receive a grant. Additionally, reapplying each cycle allows artists to rearticulate their needs as their circumstances change during this pandemic. Due to the magnitude of this crisis, we anticipate more requests for funding than there are funds to distribute.
We recommend that you draft your responses in a separate word processing program and paste it into the Submittable application. Please save a copy of your application in the event that you need to reapply.