Monument to Old Ward House. Metal plaque on brick monument. Inscription: "Site of L.D.S. church recreation building known as the Ward Hall. Rushed to completion in the fall of 1897 and deeded to the State of Utah so the Branch Normal School of the University of Utah could be legally operated for its first year. This building was the first home of Southern Utah State College. The Ward Hall was returned to the L.D.S. Church in the fall of 1898 on completion of Old Main on Temple Knoll. The Cedar City Utah National Guard stood on this site from 1937-1978. Erected by the Cedar City Birthday Committee / November 11, 1985[.]"
135 N. 100 E., Cedar City. Near south entrance to parking structure.