Thomas Stevens

Valley of the Radiators 36.0784N 79.10116W

  • Oil On Canvas
  • 24 x 24 x 1.5 in
  • Thomas Stevens
  • Sold

The Valley of the Radiators is a shortcut that runs between the first block of West Queen Street and the first block of West Tryon Street. People taking the path from West Queen to West Tryon pass between a white picket fence and 1860’s carriage house to arrive at the backyard of the 1772 “Nash-Hooper House.” The path was informally informally referred to as “Valley of the Radiators” because it had been the site of iron radiators, placed there after a local renovation. Tip-toeing between the heavy iron radiators was necessary before they were given to local artists, but their memory and the pathway remains. The shortcut was officially named “The Valley of the Radiators” at a ceremony in October 2018 with Mayor Tom Stevens presiding and joined by a large gathering of friends and neighbors.

  • Subject Matter: Landscape
  • Created: July 2020
  • Current Location: Private Collection
  • Collections: Hillsborough Landscapes
 
Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more