29-1/4" x 17-1/2" x 2.5 diameter; weighs approximately 125 pounds. 143/220 Public Edition
This piece of art is the last work created by Renoir in 1918, the year before his death. Originally created in terra cotta it was never cast in bronze. Dr. Ronald K. Parker discovered the original terra cotta at Christies in 1984. The original terra cotta is owned by Redding Fine Art, Ltd.
Arthur Bruce Hoheb, former Director for Restoration at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, prepared molds.
The bronze sculptures were cast with the collaboration of the Renoir family - the executors of his estate. The works are original bronze pieces cast posthumously.