Santa Maria di Nazareth is a Roman Catholic Carmelite church. It is also called Church of the Scalzi, being the seat in the city of the Discalced Carmelites religious order (Scalzi in Italian means 'barefoot'). Located in the sestiere of Cannaregio, near Venezia Santa Lucia railway station, it was built in the mid-17th century to the designs of Baldassarre Longhena and completed in the last decades of that century.
Giambattista Tiepolo painted the vaults of the chapel 1745, forty-two years after Carlevaris’s etchings of the exterior of the church. An Austrian bombardment from the mainland destroyed the frescoes on October 24, 1915. From 1929 to 1933, Ettore Tito painted canvases and frescoes to repair the damage. The remains of the fragments of Tiepolo's work are now in the Gallerie dell'Accademia.