June 27, 2021 6 days left
Clay allows for and uniquely encourages whimsy: the organic nature of the material and its workings naturally leads to a playful artistic process. For Squish Fold Twist, Gordon College is inviting local artists to engage in this joyful creative practice and submit sculptural ceramic work that explores the weird, the wild, and the whimsical.
Squish Fold Twist will be on display from August 28 to October 8, 2021. The open call will be co-curated by Justin Kedl and Bruce Herman.
Please send the following materials to Justin.Kedl@gordon.edu by 11:59pm on June 27 for consideration:
- 5 images of work, either as JPG or PNG. Images must be high resolution. You may submit up to 3 unique pieces. Images must be numbered to correspond with image list.
- A numbered image list corresponding to your images containing the following artwork information: title, year, materials, dimensions (you may include a price, if you wish). Image list must be in either .doc or .pdf format.
- A .doc or .pdf containing one paragraph of artist biography and a one paragraph artist statement.
- While ceramic must be the primary material of submitted work, it does not have to be the only material: mixed media and assemblage pieces are welcome, as well as non-traditional applications of the ceramic medium.
- Squish Fold Twist is currently limited to artists in the Boston/ New England area: you must be able to drive your work to Gordon if accepted.
Accepted artists will be notified on July 5, 2021.
If accepted, you will be responsible for transporting your own work to the gallery in person. We will coordinate with accepted artists for drop-off. If your work must be mounted on the wall or has other specific installation requirements (i.e. if your work cannot just be placed on a pedestal), then you must provide instructions and appropriate hardware for the curators. If accepted, you may list prices for your pieces and use this as an opportunity to sell your work. Gordon College takes no commission; all the proceeds go to you!