April 30, 2019
Main Street Arts offers one-month and two-month artist residencies. Resident artists have access to one of two 200 square foot studio spaces located on our second floor. Artists interested in becoming a part of the Main Street Arts community should follow the application process below for consideration.
Currently accepting applications for April, May and June 2019 residencies
Studio Only: $200 for 1 month or $350 for 2 months
Studio and Housing: $400 for 1 month or $700 for 2 months
• 24 hour access to your studio
• Option to show your work in the gallery
• Ability to sell work in our online store
• Off street parking in private lot behind gallery
• Contemporary art gallery (studios on second floor)
• Electric Kiln–Amaco (Model: AH 25 SF) 7 cubic feet, front-loading
• Electric potters wheel
• Etching press (Jack Richeson & Co. 23” Large Press)
• Central Air and Heat
• Common kitchen area with coffee pot, refrigerator, microwave, sink
Main Street Arts has two housing options available:
• A private apartment 1.5 miles from the gallery (resident will require a car).
• A private studio apartment half a mile from the gallery.
• Both apartment options require a $200 security deposit, which is returned
following a walk through of the apartment after the residency.
• Submissions are reviewed and awarded quarterly
• Awards will be granted based on quality of work
• Residents have the opportunity to teach a workshop during their residency
• October 31 for a residency during January, February, or March
• January 31 for a residency during April, May, or June
• April 30 for a residency during July, August, or September
• July 31 for a residency during October, November, or December
Still have questions about the residency program at Main Street Arts?
Check out our frequently asked questions section, or contact us for more information.